smartEn is the association of market players driving digital and decentralised energy solutions.
A successful European energy transition requires the intelligent cooperation between consumption, distribution, transmission and generation, acting as equal partners in an integrated energy system.
The digitally enabled interaction of demand and supply is an integral part of an increasingly decentralised, decarbonised energy system.
- Promote system efficiency through the advanced management and integration of electricity demand and supply in homes and buildings, transportation, businesses and decentralised energy projects.
- Empower energy users by enabling them to participate in the energy market through flexible demand, storage, self-generation and the participation in community projects, and giving them control of their energy data.
- Encourage innovation and diversity by enabling new market players and service offers that provide attractive choices for consumers and allow for healthy competition.
- Drive the decarbonisation of the energy sector through the cost-effective integration of renewable sources and the electrification of heating, cooling and transport.
We focus our efforts in five areas:
- Interacting with policymakers to advocate smart energy solutions
- Gathering intelligence and information for smartEn members
- Increasing the visibility of the members of the smartEn
- Working with other associations, trade or financial organisations and general media in order to promote smart energy solutions
Providing opportunities for networking and partnering among companies related to the smartEn’s activities and purpose